CONCRETE ESTIMATING AND TAKEOFF SERVICES
Who are our clients for concrete takeoff?
What is the scope of our projects for a concrete estimate?
What factors do we consider while performing concrete takeoff?
Our takeoff spreadsheet comprises the breakdown of all the quantities, skilled and unskilled labor, man-hours, storage costs, logistics, waste, spillage, etc.
Following factors are taken into consideration while performing concrete takeoff:
- Estimation of the cost of concrete required for slabs, piers, footings, headers, grade beams, tie beams, foundation walls, columns, lintels, platforms, steps, etc. It also includes the estimate of transportation costs as well as the equipment required eg cranes, pumps, mixers, etc.
- Estimation of the costs for site preparation or grading if required. It includes excavation, leveling, and compaction of the soil and transportation, equipment, and labor required.
- Estimation of the costs for concrete formwork. It depends on the type of formwork, whether you buy or rent, repairs, equipment associated, transportation costs, labor, etc.
- Estimation of the cost for concrete reinforcements including structural rebar, wire mesh, plastic mesh, stirrups, dowels, anchors, etc.
- Estimation of man-hours and labor costs including skilled and unskilled labor.
- Estimation of miscellaneous costs like storage costs, concrete tests, waste, spillage, etc.
- Contingency funds are also considered which include unforeseen costs, inflation, etc.
- The project schedule is also taken into account because if the schedule to complete the work is small, then the project cost increases.
What software do we use for concrete takeoff?
Why should you consider outsourcing your concrete estimate?
Contractors involved in paving, driveways, and sidewalks are so occupied in on-site activities that their busy schedule doesn’t allow them to perform accurate estimates on their own, and eventually, they tend to overbid or underbid on their projects.
When you are trying to bid on the lowest value to secure the jobs, you must have a precise estimate for the cost and man-hours involved in the project. Outsourcing your construction takeoff services to a professional estimating company like ours gives you confidence and comes with the following perks:
- You don’t have to buy expensive construction estimation software and hire and train professional staff for estimation.
- You save on the extra expenses of hiring a fulltime concrete cost estimator.
- It improves your bid volume. With the help of professional service, you start bidding on more projects and ultimately winning more projects.
- With the assistance of expert estimators, your estimating efficiency is improved which can help in increasing your profit potential.
- You no longer miss out on any opportunity.
Benefits of outsourcing your next concrete takeoff to us!
Many concrete contractors approach us for accurate and timely preparations of bids to get ahead of their competitors. By hiring us you get the following benefits:
- Highly accurate concrete estimate and material takeoffs.
- Our estimates have a bid winning ratio of more than 85 %.
- Estimates are delivered in the fastest turnaround time (24 to 48 hours).
- Our monthly takeoff packages save you 60% of the expense of a full-time estimator.
- Our average estimate costs you around $200, which can be less or more depending on the work required.
- We have a dedicated and expert concrete cost estimator for division 3 concrete trades.
- We also offer consultation regarding bid filing and managing bidding network profiles of the contractors.
- Our estimators are certified with ASPE, AACE, AIQS.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
The process is simple!
- Submit your plans/ drawings: Send us plans and drawings (Dropbox link, Plans Portal link, etc.) at [email protected] or call us at 347 480-1903
- Get a Quote: you will receive a quote including invoice, turnaround time, and delivery date. Then, you can pay via credit card or debit card or PayPal.
- Receive estimate: You will get your estimate in EXCEL sheets either in our company’s format or a format supplied by you.
What sub-trades do we estimate in division 3 concrete estimating services?
What type of Concrete work do we quantify and estimate?
We estimate concrete curbs, slabs, lintels, footers, tie beams, sidewalk, driveway, pavement, basement, foundation, retaining walls, etc. for various commercial, residential, civil, public, and private projects.
What do we quantify in concrete estimates?
We provide estimates in each quantity i.e. rebar, stirrups, dowels, anchor bolts, wire mesh, Visqueen, vapor barrier, tie Beams and lintels, headers, sill block, round column block, bond beams, etc.
How much time do we normally take to deliver your concrete estimate?
A comprehensive concrete estimate and material takeoff will be delivered to you in 24 to 48 hours.
How much do we charge for concrete takeoffs and how do we save the estimating expense of concrete contractors?
Our prices are very affordable i.e. we charge $200 on average for an estimate, but it depends on the scope of work. Also by subscribing to our monthly takeoff packages, subcontractors save 60% expense of an inhouse estimator.
How contractors can “bid more and win more” by attaining our concrete estimating service?
We take care of your estimates and takeoffs with a workforce of experienced estimators and quantity surveyors. We strive to provide highly precise estimates so that our clients can focus on the fieldwork and their management can bid on more projects, which increases the chances of winning more work.
How do we ensure the accuracy in our concrete estimates?
Our skilled concrete cost estimator takeoff the quantities by using certified software like Bluebeam, Planswift, OST, Quick Bids while maintaining proper standards and codes. Our guarantee for the accurate takeoffs and concrete estimates lies in the fact that our concrete estimator is also a field expert and specialist who has hands-on experience of the fieldwork.
What is the format of the deliverables for quantity surveys and estimates?
The formats of the estimates and takeoffs are pdf and EXCEL files which are customizable sheets. We also provide takeoffs in the client’s prescribed formats.
What are our service areas?
We provide estimating services in North American, Caribbean, and Australian regions. In the US, we serve in the following markets: New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Minnesota, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Missouri, Colorado, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisiana, Alabama, Maryland, Connecticut.
General Contracting Corp. Case Study:
One of our eminent clients is a New York, based commercial general contracting corp. having ~10 projects going on at the construction site every month. For which they have to bid on as many projects. They were struggling with establishing an experienced estimation team and a recurring cost of thousands of dollars per month.
World Estimating being a standout Outsource estimating company, providing them with estimation and alleviated the cost and pressure by deploying dedicated cost estimation managers working at our office. Our Estimators with experience, Accuracy, and reliability maintained the turnaround time within 24-48 hours.
This Outsourcing cost them around $200 per estimate and decreased their cost by 66% on the year for 12 months to 31st December 2018 by getting rid of salaries, bonuses, Insurance of full-time estimation staff, and helped them with winning more work by an experienced team.
Our Portfolio in Concrete work estimates
World estimating has successfully delivered thousands of estimates and quantity takeoffs for concrete work projects. Few of our projects are mentioned below:
Reconfiguration of USCG San Diego Office, California
Preparation of division 3 bid estimate
Exterior Renovations of The Church – Green Tree in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Preparation of budget estimate
New construction of Trenton High School Cafetorium, Florida
Preparation construction document estimate
Remodeling of Belle Tower Condominium in Miami Beach, Florida
Preparation of bid estimate
Construction of Lenox Park – Amenity Building in Atlanta, Georgia
Preparation of concrete bid estimate.
Renovations for Pearl Street Park in Charlotte, North Carolina
Preparation of concrete bid estimate
Demolition and renovation of Tropical Smoothie Cafe in Chicago, Illinois
Preparation of budget estimate
New construction of Residential Building in Ash Street, Jersey City
Preparation of preliminary estimate