MASONRY ESTIMATE AND TAKEOFFS
Who approaches us for masonry estimating services?
What is the scope of our projects in Masonry takeoff?
Masonry takeoff software that we use?
What do we generally consider while preparing a Masonry estimate?
For the preparation of masonry estimate, drawing plans and specifications provided by the client are thoroughly reviewed with respect to the plan, elevation, and section views to define the dimensions. We follow CSI codes for items mentioned in the drawings. Our masonry estimating spreadsheet comprises of the breakdown of the following quantities:
- Estimation of the number of masonry units used for the construction of the foundation, wall. It includes concrete masonry units, bricks, CMU blocks, acoustic blocks, glass units, clay bricks, clay tiles, brick tiles, stones, marble, limestone, terra cotta, precast masonry panels rubble, and their different forms eg, corner units, pilaster units, bond beams, lintel blocks, knockouts, stirrups, sill block, angle block, square pilasters, headers, halves, half high, etc.
- Deductions for openings i.e. doors, windows, ventilation are considered.
- Estimation of the number of facing bricks and masonry veneer, stone veneer, brick veneer if required.
- Masonry units involved in different categories i.e facings, backings to facings, walls and partitions, furring to walls, fire protection are mentioned distinctly.
- Estimation of the amount of mortar required, which depends on whether it is pre-bagged or site batching, mortar proportions, site conditions, etc. it also depends on the type of mortar, ie masonry cement mortar, pre-blended mortar, or portland cement lime mortar.
- Estimation of the amount of grout required, which depends on the density of the concrete block used. Wastages are also covered.
- Estimation of costs for restoration & cleaning if required.
- Estimation of masonry reinforcement if required.
- Estimation of the scaffolding if required.
- Estimation of other miscellaneous items i.e. anchor bolts, sleeves, brackets, brick ties, etc.
- Estimation of the costs for masonry insulation, masonry flashing, and weep holes if required.
- Estimation of the man-hours and labor costs involved in various tasks. We employ location-based labor pricing or that provided by the client.
- Estimation of various other costs like transportation, taxes, permits, etc.
- Contingency funds are also taken into account which includes unforeseen costs, inflation, etc.
- The project schedule is also considered.
What do we actually takeoff in the division 4 masonry trade?
Why outsourcing your masonry estimate?
Today, the construction industry is highly competing and you are bidding on small profit margins, only precise and detailed estimates can give you an edge over your competition.
Accuracy is the main challenge in preparing a masonry estimate on your own, making it complicated and time-consuming. For the accurate masonry works estimate, detailed knowledge of masonry units, mortar, grout, reinforcements, man-hours, labor costs, transportation costs, and various other quantities and proficiency in software and tools is necessary. Buying expensive software and hiring a full-time estimator takes a lot out of your budget in terms of monthly salary, bonuses, benefits, etc.
Therefore outsourcing your estimates to a professional estimating company like World Estimating benefits you in the following way:
- You save time that was earlier consumed in preparing estimates and utilize it in developing strategies for your business growth.
- It gives you the confidence of highly accurate and detailed estimates prepared by expert estimators.
- It increases your bid volume. You tend to bid more and win more.
- Your estimating efficiency improves which increases your profit margins.
- You save on the expenses of buying software and hiring estimating staff.
Why hiring us is the right decision?
We have proven taken record of delivering the best services to our clients in terms of:
- Highly accurate and detailed estimates along with mark-up plans.
- Quick turnaround times of 24 to 48 hours.
- Cost-effective estimates ($200 on average, depends on the scope of the project).
- The bid-hit ratio of our estimates is more than 85%.
- The monthly takeoff package saves 60% expense of an inhouse estimator.
- Consultation on bid filing and handling bidding network profile of contractors.
- Estimators certified with ASPE, AACE, AIQS.
- 24/7 customer support.
We are eager to serve you in your next Masonry Takeoff!
Just follow the simple process:
- Submit your drawings: Send us plans and drawings (Dropbox link, Plans Portal link, etc.) at [email protected] or call us at 347 480-1903
- Get a Quote: You will get a quote based on invoice, turnaround time, and delivery date. You can pay via credit card or debit card or PayPal.
- Get an estimate: You will receive your estimate in EXCEL sheets either in our format or your customized format.
What do we estimate in masonry construction?
We quantify each and everything in the masonry trade with details and descriptions from concrete block, brick, stone, architectural precast, tile, marble. For Block masons, we provide knockouts, regular block, headers, bond beam, lintel block, mortar, sand, round column block, square pilasters, angle block, and sill block.
What is included in our masonry portfolio of projects?
From Private to public institutions we have provided our masonry estimating services for all commercial and residential projects.
How much time do we take to deliver your masonry works estimate?
We normally take 24 to 48 hours to prepare and deliver your estimate.
How much do we change for a masonry estimate?
Our prices are very affordable. We charge $200 on average but it varies depending on the scope of the work required.
What is the format of the deliverables for masonry takeoff?
We deliver masonry takeoffs in EXCEL sheets either in our format or your customized format.
Why are Concrete and masonry contractors using our masonry estimating services?
For beating your competitors in reaching the exact figures, and underbidding and tightening up your bid, many contractors reach to us accurate and timely preparations of bids in all concrete and masonry works.
What are our service areas?
We provide takeoff services in North American, Australian, and Caribbean regions. In the US, we serve in the following markets: Newyork, New Jersey, Florida, California, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Minnesota, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Missouri, Colorado, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisiana, Alabama, Maryland, Connecticut.
MASONRY CONTRACTOR CASE STUDY
Masons have much of the work to perform at the site and have to deal with plenty of estimation work to win bids and perform tasks on time. Quality and expense are the reasons where masonry contractors are struggling with and are not filing bids just because of the time and their hectic schedule at the site. Expense and time are the hurdles subcontractors have been going through.
So usually for hiring an inhouse estimator normally costs thousands of dollars per month which is far away than attaining our estimation services that are average $200 per estimate or subscribing to our affordable monthly construction takeoff packages.
This helping model of World Estimating has helped many of the subcontractors and reduced their expenses up to 60% and turnaround time to 24-48 hrs.
Our Portfolio in Masonry trade
World estimating has a diversified portfolio of estimating thousands of masonry work projects. Few are listed below:
New construction of Atlantic Avenue Shell Building in Raleigh, North Carolina
Preparation of conceptual estimate.
Demolition and Renovations of Morgan Park High School in Chicago, Illinois
Preparation of bid estimate for a masonry contractor
Additions and Renovations for Georgia State University Library North Atlanta, Georgia
Preparation of masonry takeoff sheets including man-hours and markup plans for the subcontractor.
Remodeling of Los Angeles Pharmacy, California
Preparation of budget estimate.
Renovations for JFK Recreation Center in Newark, New Jersey
Preparation of bid estimate.
Demolition and new construction of Sgt Joseph Delancy Park in Miami, Florida
Preparation of bid estimate.
Renovations of Philadelphia Convention Center, Pennsylvania
Preparation of bid estimate.